Thursday, June 13, 2013

WNS June 26 - Mini Giro

We're on for the 26th - the course is good.

Back by popular demand, the mini Giro. The mini Giro around Leighton Centre features mini Mortirolo and mini Stelvio. Each loop has about 1000 ft of climbing and the A and B group will do 2 loops, C's will do one. For parking - Highway 22X and 37th Street is ok, also there is a little parking near the start/finish. Or ride from town if you can. The start/finish is 500m east of what's shown on the map below. Go south on 37th Street till you hit Township Road 221, take a right and go past Highway 773 (Road to Nepal) about 500 m. I'll need 4 or 5 volunteers as well. This year there will be about 1 km of gravel on each loop (242 ave) for the A and B race. The C group will be gravel free.

Because traffic is hell and the days are long, we will start the race at 6:45 PM sharp.

 
View WNS Aug 4 in a larger map

9 comments:

lewisgitelman said...

I can volunteer.

Mike U. said...

I can volunteer.

Mike Urquhart

mikehealy said...

Thanks guys. Let's keep watching the weather forecast, one report says heavy rain Wed afternoon. I'll make the call Wed.

Trev said...

Mike, I just heard from Jenn Turcott this:

Hi Trev,


I was having difficulties posting a comment on the WNS night blog, so I was hoping you would be able to pass on a message to Mike who is organizing that night.


I just wanted to give a heads-up: I had a cougar—the size of my bike—run across the road in front of my friend and I on Sunday afternoon in the area where the start/stop marker is on the WNS map for the June 19th ride.


I don't mean to be an alarmist; but thought Ishould pass the info to Mike.


Thanks for passing on the info!

mikehealy said...

So, who is volunteering tomorrow? Let me know, thanks.

lewisgitelman said...

I can volunteer.
Lewis

lewisgitelman said...

Mike, I am terribly sorry but will have to decline my offer to volunteer tonight. Hopefully I can make it up sometime soon. Lewis.

Karel said...

I can help out tonight.

Mike U. said...

Sorry, I can't make it tonight.