Sunday, June 9, 2013

Series 2 Week 1 Details June 12 - Woodland ITT

We're back to the Woodland TT course for the start of Series 2. This time we will focus on a Merckx style race however, in light of the upcoming Banff Race, feel free to arrive in all your aero gear if you want to test yourself for the weekend Banff ITT. A nominal penalty of one minute will be assessed to anyone in full or partial aero equipment. A little less of a penalty if you are racing just with an aero road frame. There will be no appeal! I'll assess penalties as I sign you up for the TT.

There is some parking near the start of the race located on the gravel sideroad parallel to highway 1A. However, we encourage those who can to park in town, or near Bearspaw Road and ride to the start. Spreading out the cars helps with community relations. We will endeavor to try and start at 6:30pm ish so please try and get there early enough to get signed up and assigned a start number. Distance is 16km so ride hard and ride consistent, there are a few hills in the closing kilometres. After you finish, it's an easy neutral ride back to the starting area down Lochend and along the 1A. Be careful with the 1A, it's a busy piece of road at times. The course starts along the 1A heading West. You turn off the 1A near the top of the Cochrane Hill at Retreat road, following the road as it twists back and turns north. The next and last turn is right onto 262 which takes you to the finish along 262 a kilometre before you reach Lochend Road.

Volunteers are needed to make it a safe race. Let me know if you can volunteer.




View Larger Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will volunteer Mike
Tom

ECosman said...

I am bringing a volunteer Mike.
Ernie

An Iron Woman In the Making said...

Mike, my name is Maria Wilson and I will be attendig this even it will be my first time ever - is that ok? maria.wilson@shaw.ca however, I would like to pre sign myself up to volunteer for next week.