Monday, July 20, 2009

Time Trial Redux

Back and bad. The Woodland Merckx TT is back for another bite. This Wednesday at 6:30 at the Woodland Meeting Spot.
The Woodland meeting spot is located at the junction of Woodland road and highway 1A just west of Bearspaw and before Lochend Road. There is a side road there (Twp Rd 255) off of Woodland where we'll set up. Ample parking is available along 255 and on Nagway road just to the east off Bearspaw Road. And of course, you could always ride out to the site from Calgary. Please try and spread the parking out so that everybody isn't all parked at the same spot in order to keep things low key with respect to the local population.

View Directions to Twp Rd 262 in a larger map

Merckx, so leave the fancy schmancy stuff at home and suffer old school style. Course is the same as last time.

The course starts just west of Woodland Road and heads west along 1A towards Cochrane. After a few kilometres and just before you start to head down the hill into Cochrane we turn right on to Big Hill Road, around the corner and straight north on Range Road 40. A short time thereafter another right turn onto Twp Road 262 heads you back eastwards towards the finish about a kilometre before you get to Lochend road. It's a short ride back to the start from there.

View Directions to Twp Rd 262 in a larger map

Big ask on this one but I need an assistant race organizer for this one as I can get things lined up but I need to leave at 7 so I'll need an amazing volunteer to handle the timing and let me know the results. I will also need 2 more volunteers, one to start the riders and 1 for the corner. Easy jobs all of them, so experience required, just the ability to read a clock, write numbers, and look brilliant doing it. Let me know if you can step up for this. Other than that, I'll see you guys Wednesday.

The standing are updated as well as we head into the last couple of weeks. Next week is the big finale with bonus points on the line for our mini stage race.

5 comments:

Sagewood said...

Jamie - I'll be your timer/results guy.

Got the stop watches/vests from last week in my trunk.

Brian

Spirogeek said...

That rocks. Thanks muchly.

Unknown said...

I can volunteer until 8pm. Is that long enough?

Spirogeek said...

8pm is just fine. We'll figure it out for sure.

Unknown said...

I see from my GPS that I went off course at 17:06 and came back at 19:28 for a diversion of 2:22. The bonus distance looks to be exactly 1 km.